SAP IT Technology Senior Consultant Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 200069
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Title – Cloud Storage Operations Engineering – Senior Level
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Infrastructure Services is the trusted technology partner to support SAP´s business transformation to The Cloud Company. We strive to provide best-in-class IT Infrastructure Services from data centers to workplace for SAP to increase productivity of SAP employees and act as a showcase.
The Infrastructure Operations organization (CIS IO) within SAP Cloud Infrastructure Services is the core of SAP’s cloud success by providing cloud infrastructure and operations support for several cloud-based IT services. SAP is delivering on a global scale. To run these highly scalable and secure cloud infrastructures 7x24, we leverage technologies from NetApp, EMC, Cisco, Brocade, HDS and others to support various storage systems and associated management tools/processes on top.
The Global Cloud Storage Operations Engineering role will work with all Cloud units, both internal and external providing technical storage solutions and expertise.
EXECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Deliver storage solutions to accommodate customer business needs
• Drive innovation to optimize, automate and standardize the operational delivery processes
• Financial management/forecasting of global storage infrastructure
• Ability to gather and analyze facts, define problems, and devise solutions
• Analysis of trending utilization for capacity and forecasting purposes
• Maintain and support vendor relations
• Keep abreast of the latest storage technologies
• Develop global policies, processes and procedures for storage operations
• Administration of contractual obligations including associated fees, analysis and compliance of KPIs, SLAs
• Lifecycle Management of all storage assets worldwide
• Participate in integration projects associated with acquisition activity
• Management and understanding of outsourcing model
• Develop required management reports including uptime, capacity, status reports and incident and problem management reports
• Develop a Portfolio Management strategy and deliver a Storage Team Portfolio to measure the value of key services, initiatives, support model, etc.
• Coordinate with Managed Services for daily infrastructure operations to ensure high availability
• Coordinate ongoing build operations together with other SAP infrastructure teams
• Change, Incident, Problem and Escalation management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• BA/BS degree or the equivalent in work experience
• Technical expertise of storage technologies, primarily EMC and NetApp
• Organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with others in an effective and professional manner
• Ability to communicate and work in a multi-cultural environment
• Must be adaptable to change
• In-depth knowledge of Brocade SAN Director Switches
• Knowledge of VMware technology
• Experience with managing external service providers
• Build solid relationships with customers, line of business and service provider
• Highly skilled technical storage expertise with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an IT/customer facing role
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :