SAP IT Technology Senior Consultant Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 175310
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Senior Network Consultant
Global Network Services – Global Firewall & Security Operations
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Infrastructure Services organization is responsible for operations of the internal as well as customer facing data centers and services like storage, compute, and network. The Global Network Services unit, as part of Infrastructure Services, supports the company’s global network infrastructure, including the local as well as the wide area networks.
The Global Firewall and security Operations team supports the company’s global External facing Cloud solutions we´re offering to our end customers via different service offerings.
Your primary tasks is to help the various teams to fulfill their daily tasks. This includes the design of new services, coordination of global roll-outs, operation and continuous improvement of the global network infrastructure. Alignment with the representatives of the various line of business will bring new requirement to our team. Close cooperation with the other global Technology Network Delivery colleagues will be required in order to ensure, that the network infrastructure is delivered in accordance with business requirements and global standards. You will provide second and/or third line incident support as well as knowledge transfer to other support teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS :
• Investigate and evaluate new network technologies.
• Design and deploy solutions/infrastructures based on these technologies.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the design of network services.
• Be the link to storage and virtualization teams.
• Engage with the line of business
• Coordinate deployment of new network services (Project Management)
• Responsible for second / third line incident support and problem management.
• Ensure compliance of network infrastructure to global standards.
• Ensure global alignment across the regional delivery teams.
• Develop and maintain tools for automation of network device configurations and deployments.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering or equivalent.
BE/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech, MCA with 60% aggregate across.
• In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite: preferably in firewalling as core competence however additional disciplines such as, switching, routing and load balancing are welcome
• Good understanding of virtualization and SDN/OpenStack technologies like VLAN, VxLAN, VRF, etc.
• Experience with scripting and automation (e.g. Python, Java, Perl)
• High understanding of Cloud computing, SaaS, hosted systems
• Expert abilities in developing and documenting network designs and concepts
• Basic Project Management Experience
• Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced and multicultural organization.
• Flexibility to work on a schedule that is convenient for our customers.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Microsoft, Azure, Alibaba, Google etc., cloud platform.
• Certification from CISCO, Juniper
• Fluent in spoken and written English is prerequisite
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• CCNP certification / switching & routing experience is a plus
• Any Firewall / platform related certification is highly desired
• Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention systems
• Experience with different VPN implementations
• Experience with leading Firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, PANW and others)
• Experience with Storage and Compute as part of Infrastructure ecosystems is plus
• Basic Financial Understanding (OPEX & CAPEX)
• Experience in Service ownership / Coordination is a plus
• Experience with Public Cloud offerings is a plus
• 8 years of work experience in the networking field.
EXPECTED TRAVEL: 0-10%
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :