SAP SAP Concur- Senior Software Engineer, UI Job in Bellevue, Washington
Requisition ID: 198365
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Recruiter Name: Allison Miller
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Do you love that feeling of trying something completely new and having it work? Is the thought of constantly learning and innovating while simultaneously shipping production software exciting? If so, come join the NextGen Expense UI team and help us blaze the trail for SAP Concur as we build out the next generation of software and services.
In the first 12 months, you will:
• Ship: (several iterations, in fact). The most import thing that our team can do for the company is to ship production software. Aside from adding direct value to our customers, it is also the ultimate validation of our research efforts.
• Learn: We move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown if it can improve our software or the way in which we deliver that software. As a result, we are constantly learning new technologies and new approaches.
• Lead: Everyone must be constantly learning and must be constantly teaching others on the team. This can come in the form of code reviews, one on one pairing sessions, group teaching sessions, and more.
• Impact: We are rebuilding the Expense user experience from the ground up. Starting with a new technology stack and implementing new designs to make expense reporting easier for our customers. This will be used by millions of users on a daily basis across the globe.
In order to accomplish this, you will need:
• Strong UI engineering skills, including experience with styling, localization, and session management across a large user population – and knowledge of UI deployment techniques including webpack/browserify bundles for the browser, build systems such as grunt or gulp, containerization using Docker, and CI build processes.
• A “maker’s mind”. Everything we do is about building and shipping software.
• A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learn from others and also willing to help mentor and teach.
What do you need to bring?
• BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience
• 7 years of experience delivering successful software development projects
• Experience developing global Web services/UI that can scale to millions of users
• 2 years of experience with building / using of REST APIs – Familiarity with GraphQL is desirable.
• 1 years of experience deploying applications (across multiple versions) to a public cloud platform such as AWS. Proficiency with Kubernetes, Linux container technology such as Docker his highly desirable.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :