SAP Technical Product Owner (f/m/d) with Kubernetes, Kyma Munich in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 277939
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As a Technical Product Owner (f/m/d) you will:
• Own and prioritise the features to be implemented by the respective team(s)
• Bring the features to the product backlog, define the sprint goals
• Manage, adjust for risk, and prioritise product backlog
• Contribute to the overall architecture of the product by also being able to do spikes and involve others in clarifying requirements and constraints (R&D mindset)
• Work with the development team(s) to ensure they understand the product requirements
• Inspire and motivate the development team(s) to deliver the product
• Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
• Participate and represent the product in events and user community discussions
• Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent; alternatively, being a recognized expert in the field
• Strong technical and software development background, with experience in Kubernetes / Cloud Native development
• The ability to quickly adapt to changing technologies, frameworks, etc.
• Experience working within distributed teams around the globe, in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Problem solving attitude
• Excellent communication skills and communicative English
• Deep understanding of Agile methodologies and implementations (including SCRUM and Kanban)
• 7 years of experience as developer plus 3 years of experience as a senior developer / Technical Product Owner
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our part of the organization is responsible for developing the Open Source Project Kyma ( https://kyma-project.io/ ) and providing SAP Cloud Platform, Kyma runtime based on it - a central extension and integration framework, which offers all SAP products a modern way to extend and integrate their applications with a cloud-native world. Extension Factory provides the capabilities to build fully distributed, highly scalable, microservices-based custom solutions leveraging standard OSS Cloud Native Foundation technologies, enabling software development or IT organizations to be more efficient, effective with increasing agility.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.