SAP Maintenance Go-To-Market Sales Director - APJ Region Job in Tokyo, Japan
Requisition ID: 201048
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP’s Maintenance Go-To-Market (M-GTM) organization is enabling our customers to run better by maximizing the value and innovation from our solutions and support portfolio, while protecting and enhancing SAP’s maintenance and support business.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Tara Garson Flower the Maintenance Sales Director is a member of the Maintenance Go-To-Market organization. This role, in alignment with internal roles, is responsible for the following topics in regards to SAP support offerings:
• Manage the overall MGTM team within the assigned Market Unit
• Minimize maintenance at risk (MAR), within the assigned Market Unit
• Promote and evangelize the Maintenance Support offerings
• Third-party maintenance protection and competitive positioning
• Strategy, analysis and planning to drive results for MGTM on key KPIs including MAR, Support Revenue, Winbacks
• Drive Customer Value realization (customer lifecycle management)
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Ability to comfortably present to both internal and external customers
• Drive the regional business plan for the Maintenance Services product set including Enterprise Support, Standard Support and Product Support for Large Enterprise (PSLE).
• Lead targeted must-win deals for the regions and remove deal obstacles, thereby maximizing Maintenance Bookings and Revenue.
• Support the MGTM team and other LoBs in building customer facing skills and knowledge of maintenance value
• Support deal execution in the regions as needed, including education of customers’ procurement and legal groups, in regards to a Maintenance Contract.
• Build and develop Maintenance Services bookings and revenue pipeline. Drive net new opportunities in the region.
• Lead execution of higher margin support offerings (win-backs & switch-ups)
• Identify key initiatives in the region to maximize maintenance revenue and minimize maintenance base erosion.
• Subject Matter Expert for all SAP Maintenance Policies (Cloud/On-Prem/Other)
• Directly interact with MD, VPs, AEs, CPs, and customers to position the value of SAP's Maintenance Solutions as supported by value propositions.
• Educate and enable field sales on Maintenance go-to-market tools, strategies, and opportunities (AE/SE, etc.).
• Engage partner support / awareness of SAP Maintenance offering.
• Provide reporting as required to management, and keep CRM accurate and current
• Strong IT Business background, preferably in software.
• Services Sales Oriented: possessing the ability to diagnose, analyze, and succinctly discuss customer problems, develop the urgency to solve those problems, and commit customers to a realistic plan of action that will produce mutually beneficial results.
• Competitive Selling: extensive experience that allows for a state of preparedness and competitive awareness to maximize competitive advantage in selling through the anticipation of competitive strategies and tactics.
• Executive Focused: works proficiently at high organizational levels through effective communication and management thinking coupled with significant political insightfulness.
• Team Oriented: demonstrates the comfort and ability to synergistically work with others to achieve a common sales goal without compromising one’s own identity. Understands how to inspire customers and the sales teams alike.
• Ability to drive business by developing necessary Sales Tools and programs that will enable Sales and Customers alike.
• Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge and application of Maintenance program strategy, development and deployment.
• This is an autonomous role, will need to be flexible while leading and motivating others.
• 10 years minimum of industry experience and background
• Minimum of 5 years in selling or delivering services on IT Operations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Value based selling methodologies
• Comfortable and experienced with senior executive audiences and a very professional and mature customer interfacing profile
• Energetic and goal-oriented, strong leadership qualities (cross-functional and multi-national teams)
• Judgment: ability to demonstrate consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making. Achieves good balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more systematic approaches.
• Communication: Demonstrates willingness to participate in and lead meetings and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
• Independence: Functions successfully without much supervision and stays focused.
• Standards of performance: Strives and consistently achieves quality results, exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline and responsibility
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :