SAP (Senior) Cyber Security Resilience & Disaster Recovery Engineer Job in Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot, Germany
Requisition ID: 189072
Work Area: Information Technology
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The SAP Cybersecurity department is part of the SAP Global Security Organization within the Product & Innovation board area. SAP Cybersecurity enables us to build up digital resilience and appropriate response measures to counter threats against our company. Within our global security framework, Cybersecurity activities cover operational tasks within threat prevention, detection and response. This allows us to build the necessary resilience and defensive measures to keep up with fast-changing and steadily-growing, external threats. SAP Cybersecurity helps ensure the continuous delivery of our products and services to our customers with excellence, while preserving the security properties of availability, integrity and confidentiality.
Based in Walldorf, Germany, the (Senior) Cyber Security Resilience & Disaster Recovery Engineer is a high-impact contributor with primary responsibility for (1) evaluating current disaster recovery strategies within multiple Cloud lines of business and (2) creating designs which will optimize business technology resiliency for SAP. This position is crucial to envision and oversee implementation of a resilient, technical architecture leveraging world-class technologies. Select strategies will enable SAP to deliver premier products to global customers regardless of environmental hazards, local infrastructure failures, cyberattacks or crisis events. You will work in close collaboration with local and worldwide colleagues. The architect must be able to partner with leading technology providers to envision the future -- including network, storage, compute, telecommunications, colocation partners and public cloud providers.
Expectations & Tasks
• Develops strategies for disaster recovery (DR) and designs business resiliency solutions.
• Defines the architecture to strengthen high-availability and resiliency of SAP products and services to meet or exceed contractual requirements.
• Teams with Cloud Lines of Businesses to create a multi-year playbook and roadmaps for delivering a technical environment capable of meeting or exceeding all SAP recovery objectives.
• Leverages knowledge from internal colleagues, external providers, industry best practices,
and/or other valued sources to improve the technical environment resilience.
• Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and assists with development and management of the corporate DR planning system.
• Translates project or regulatory business requirements into DR and process designs.
• Acts as cross-functional project or topic lead for DR or Business Resiliency initiatives.
• Collaborates with IT and Cloud lines of business to develop DR elements for new projects or existing technologies within SAP.
• Ensures regulatory and business requirement compliance.
• Maintains recovery planning documentation as it relates to systems design, configuration, support, and processes
• Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, IT or comparable fields a must, Master a plus, international degrees preferred
Skills and Competencies
• Must be prepared to rapidly obtain familiarity with SAP products, especially for cloud products and underlying technologies.
• Expert / Lead technical role and capable of coaching and mentoring cloud product technical staff regarding disaster recovery functions and resiliency requirements across the enterprise.
• Advanced knowledge, understanding and experience with a wide variety of industry-standard infrastructure hardware, tools, and software.
• Familiarity with IT terminology, technical concepts, and DR planning considerations such as backup and recovery, replication, and redundancy
• IT security knowledge (i.e., system and network levels) is highly desired
• Proven analytical thinking a must
• Strong English and German skills
• Diverse IT work experience such as technical system support and network administration, or
• Several years of related experience in an enterprise IT engineering environment with an emphasis on planning and management of Disaster Recovery infrastructure.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.